AllianceBIO, LLC is seeking Automation Engineer and/or Automation Project Manager candidates to support projects in the Rockville, Frederick and Baltimore Maryland areas.
- Develop automation project and user requirements, gaining alignment with customer personnel.
- Manage or provide support to automation projects from conception, design and implementation through qualification and operational readiness.
- Provide troubleshooting and automation support to customer’s various user groups including Manufacturing, Engineering, Validation, and Facilities.
- Manage system integrators, vendors and contractors serving as owner’s representative.
- Ensure company standards for automation are met by contractors and system integrators.
- Perform project management and controls role to ensure successful completion of projects.
- Specification of automation hardware and software.
- Support Factory and Site Acceptance Testing (FAT, SAT), startup and commissioning activities for automated process/utility equipment and control systems, as required.
- Oversee contractors in the field installation of network, automation and instrumentation systems.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering discipline or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years of automation/control system engineering experience in a cGMP regulated industry. Experience with Allen-Bradley ControlLogix PLCs and/or Emerson DeltaV is preferred.
- Prior experience in the design, configuration, start-up, or troubleshooting of industrial control systems, including some of the following: PLCs, DCSs, HMIs, SCADA systems, SQL databases and reports, historians, instrumentation, variable frequency drives, and communication networks.
- Willingness and ability to travel based on project location.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- 5+ years experience with Allen-Bradley ControlLogix PLCs, Wonderware, Emerson DeltaV, and Siemens Apogee Building Management System.
- Experience with virtual computing environments, OPC, OSI PI, or GE Unicorn.
- Working knowledge of control panel design, installation, and field wiring practices.
- Experience planning and managing projects and cross-functional project teams.